Canon FT issues

captainlolz7

Apr 13, 2015
SG, Bukit Batok
So I have this Canon FT that has two issues that I wanted to find out if they were repairable and where would offer a resonable repair price, the first issue that is more significant, is the jammed frame counter, it is stuck at the last frame and won't reset when opened, the tab that is meant to reset it still pops out, meaning that their is no issue with the glue or tension, so I am unsure of the issue.

The second issue isn't as important and probably impossible to repair, the light meter doesn't seem to function aswell, but I just wanted to know, if it was repairable?

Mechanically it still works, but I just wanted to know if these issues were repairable, especially the first one and how much it would cost at where? The one place I check quoted me it would cost S$120 to only fix the counter, so I was hoping to find somewhere else that can possible do it for less.

Thanks in advance for replies.

It would be most cost effective for you to get a working set from eBay.

It would be most cost effective for you to get a working set from eBay.

Thought so too, but its all good now, found a way to fix the counter! and the light meter just needed a different battery.. Wasn't accepting the brand new ones I bought.. Anyways thanks for the help.

No problem, I had a counter problem with another camera, turns out the hook spring was dislodged and all I had to do was to put it back.

Good to keep these old cameras running instead of letting them go to waste.