Frame and Field per second

Status
Not open for further replies.

wan

Sep 4, 2005
Ive read the manual of my cam and cant seem to understand the meaning of frame per second and field per second. Can anyone help me to explain these meanings. Thanks:embrass:

Ive read the manual of my cam and cant seem to understand the meaning of frame per second and field per second. Can anyone help me to explain these meanings. Thanks:embrass:
Film:
1 frame = 2 consecutive projections of the same picture (2 'fields'). Standard movie equipment projects 24 frames per second... hence 48 'fields' per second. This 'double projection of the same picture' is to enable a physiology phenomena known as 'persistence of vision' to reduce visual flicker effect.

Video:
1 full frame = 2 interlaced fields (that is, a field with odd-numbered scan lines + a field with even numbered scan lines). In PAL system, we have 25 frames per second, or 50 fields per second (corresponding to the electric power line frequency of 50 Hertz in UK). In NTSC system, it would be (nearly) 30 frames per second, or 60 fields per second (corresponding to the electric power line frequency of 60 Hertz in US).

thank you guys for the help:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.