anything about voigtlander

17.5mm 0.95 MFT. Good.

Voigtlander lenses are really value for money. First of all, they are manufactured in the same factory ( Cosina Japan) that manufactures Zeiss lenses since shortly after II WW , when German manufacturing was in ruins, and Zeiss was looking for a suitable partner for lens manufacturing. I use the Leica M Mount 12 , 15, 21 and 40mm , as well as the Nikon Mount 20mm , and all of the lenses perform great . The 21 and the 40 are among the sharpest I ever had ,not too far away form the Zeiss Planar 50mm. The 20mm Nikon mount is much sharper the the original 20mm Nikkor . After comparing the 2 , I actually sold the Nikon 20mm straight away ;) . (I am still looking for the APO Lanthar ) . And, Voigtlander Lenses are extremely cheap in Singapore , actually much cheaper than in europe ( search for my flicker page for some samples, if you like )

Last edited:
erm... sure or not? I don't think so. Not shortly after WW2 (1945). It was only since 1999 that Cosina made lenses for Voigtländer.

Last edited:
well, I am also not sure, I read this in a german book about zeiss history, where it is mentioned that Zeiss shifted part of it's production to this optical factory , due to capacity problems in post war western germany .

I have more than 1 Voigtländer lens Made in Singapore.

According to this website. the
Voigtländer 36-82 Zoomar lens was made in 1959 in Germany.
http://www.cameraquest.com/ekzoom.htm

Terribly messy company history from Wikipedia. Voigtländer was like an unwanted child, being kicked to and fro:

Zeiss and Voigtländer integrated in 1965. In 1972 Zeiss/Voigtländer stopped producing cameras, and a year later Zeiss sold Voigtländer brand to Rollei. On the collapse of Rollei in 1982, Plusfoto took over the name, selling it in 1997 to Ringfoto. Since 1999, Voigtländer-branded products have been manufactured and marketed by Cosina.

Last edited:
I just bought one to be used on the upcoming sony A7. value for money for the F-stops you are getting. 50L beside a 50 1.1 counterpart. sometimes I wonder why the modern DSLR lenses have to be so big and fat. Can't the Af motor be minaturized even more to allow for smaller lenses

q2h6.jpg

b7xo.jpg

The 50mm f/1.2 is a much more superior lens as compared to the voightlander 50 1.1, which is a cheap replacement of the noctilux, designed to attract people because of it's very very fast max aperture. It's a gimmicky lens, unlike the 50mm f/1.2 which is a serious workhorse and a performer. The 50mm f/1.1 is also huge, in comparison, is about the same as a 50mm f/1.2 on a FF Body (5D or 6D)

I agree that the 50L is a very good workhourse and excellent lens, not saying anything bad about the 50L's performance. The voightlander is not exactly cheap either, just much cheaper than the leica noctilux hehe....

Anyway my point on the size if u see my comparison images above, is that does the AF mechanism need to take up such a large amount of space.

look at the gap between the lens element to the diameter of the lens and compare that to the nokton 50 1.1 which has even bigger lens elements.