Be Careful of Fujifilm Warranty Repair Service Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zadarkh

Feb 23, 2011
Last January, I got my Fujifilm X100 repaired because of the sticky aperture problem. I go to Fujifilm building in New Industrial Road and they say it will be done in 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I call them. <censored>, which was the repairman, tell me the camera haven't done yet, I called every 3 days and he answered my call in a sluggish manner.

After 1 month, I called him and he told me that the camera was done and can be taken at the building. I go to the building and took the camera to realize that it has not been done perfectly. All buttons are dead, he said that it is very simple problem and should be done fast. He told me to come back after 1 week. Just imagine how angry I was after come there only for knowing that I must wait for another 1 week. Then I told him I want to use the camera tomorrow, then I requested it must be fixed tomorrow. Then he accepted it. It is proved that he was just lazy to repair and actually can do the repair faster than I should wait.

I become doubtful about if I want to continue using Fujifilm brand or not since it has a great quality of product but without a great repair service.

All the best,
William

Last edited:
i think it'll be more effective to write in to them rather than ranting here.

if you dissatisfy with their repair services, you should reflect this to the head of department by writing them an email.

posting here is like ranting and with hearsay information, noting will be improve.

Thanks for the advise.

I noticed it too for the receptionist malay girl who is not friendly when I went there.

I,myself own the X100 as well. I would tell about their bad service center for future Fuji buyers to take note.

Last January, I got my Fujifilm X100 repaired because of the sticky aperture problem. I go to Fujifilm building in New Industrial Road and they say it will be done in 2-3 weeks. After 3 weeks, I call them. (*****) , which was the repairman, tell me the camera haven't done yet, I called every 3 days and he answered my call in a sluggish manner.

After 1 month, I called him and he told me that the camera was done and can be taken at the building. I go to the building and took the camera to realize that it has not been done perfectly. All buttons are dead, he said that it is very simple problem and should be done fast. He told me to come back after 1 week. Just imagine how angry I was after come there only for knowing that I must wait for another 1 week. Then I told him I want to use the camera tomorrow, then I requested it must be fixed tomorrow. Then he accepted it. It is proved that he was just lazy to repair and actually can do the repair faster than I should wait.

I become doubtful about if I want to continue using Fujifilm brand or not since it has a great quality of product but without a great repair service.

All the best,
William

Thread-starter, I am not trying to point out who is right or wrong. I understand your unhappiness, but it is inappropriate to post the name of the poor man repairing your camera. :nono:
I don't think you know him or the service center personally, so it is unfair to post such a judgment and names online based on what you feel.

Do you know that it is common for service centers/repair shops' staffs to work into late or overnights to rush urgent repairs?
Since you mentioned to him you want to use the camera the following day, he must have tried to help you, and gave up personal times after office hour working on your camera.
Who knows whether he have time to went home to sleep or bathe while rushing the repair?
Too helpful or lazy as what you put it?

I have some dealings with many service centers for years, so I think I am in a better position to speak fairly.

Last edited:
Well, I appreciate the thread. Thanks for sharing. People have to be accountable.

Hi all! Am surprised by TS's experience and just want to share my experience at Fujifilm service centre recently.

My X100 also had the sticky aperture problem so went down to get it fixed. The pretty Malay lady (Ziana is her name if I remember correctly) was friendly and nice and we struck up a nice conversation there. Told her about the problem with my set and was told they will take around 3 weeks to repair it. Thanked her for her nice service and left the service centre. 2 weeks later got a call from them informing my camera is ready for collection. Was surprised at how fast it was and as I was busy with work, I can only go down a week later. Was served by a Chinese lady this time and her service was friendly and nice too. They did a great job rectifying my set and they informed that they changed the lens altogether. Even did a clean up for my set as well. So no complaints from me.

Maybe we're lucky, same experience with me..it just take a little longer for the repair, but i'm happy with the
service a least now my X100 problem solve.

WOW, looks like I'm not the only one, I'd like to share my experience for people considering to buy Fujifilm camera

My X100 had a tilted optical viewfinder, I sent the camera for repair one month before CNY. However the pretty Malay lady there was not familiar with the problem, she kept on asking me whether it was the sticky aperture. I tried my best to explain but it was only when the technician came down the lady was finally convinced there was a problem with viewfinder. The technician said they need 3 weeks to rectify the problem. I heard people in HK can get this done in days. Well, cannot complain, I thought, manpower constraint. And Fujifilm even promised to give me a call after the repair was done.

So I patiently waited for 3 weeks but no call came, I called Fujifilm and apparently the repair was already done. I went up to Taiseng and picked up my camera, and found the filter + adapter was installed wrongly on the lens. lens cap also became quite loose after repair. The Malay lady became quite impatient and I guess she thought I didn't know how to screw on filter and cap lens. Anyway, I asked her to bring the camera back to technician to check if it was the same cap, after a while she came back and the cap became quite tight.

I went back with the camera and on the evening but soon discovered there were new problems. There was a 1cm hair in the EVF (but not apparent in OVF, that's why I didn't find it in the first place), Also the focusing distance scale is completely off, the actual focusing distance does not match with focusing scale at all, zone focusing with DOF is impossible to use in this case.

I waited till CNY is over and sent the camera back again to Taiseng. The technician was not there and not reachable in working hour (11 AM in the morning), and a Chinese lady over there received my camera. She called my that afternoon said the technician promised to get the repair done by the next day (Thursday), and they'd call me after the repair was done.

But I waited till the next week, no call came. In the mean time, I tried to call Fujifilm more than 20 times on different days at different time. No one ever picked up my call. I have to go to Taiseng again and only found the repair hasn't been done. The technician, again, was not there and not reachable in operating hours.

I was very upset with the service of Fujifilm and complaint to their management, luckily, they decided to give me a new set for exchange. In the end, I have to go back to Fujifilm agian to pick up my camera.

Trips to Taiseng: 5
Time spent on travelling: > 10 hours
Total repair time: > 1 month
In the end: a new camera, but with lots of hassle

Last edited:
Quality of service and repair aside, 3 weeks to fix a camera (or any other electronic device for that matter) is way too long. I would deem 3 days a reasonable time frame and one week at the most. A lot of service centres need to beef up their resources and buck up on the service that they provide.

Quality of service and repair aside, 3 weeks to fix a camera (or any other electronic device for that matter) is way too long. I would deem 3 days a reasonable time frame and one week at the most. A lot of service centres need to beef up their resources and buck up on the service that they provide.

+1

Sorry to hear about the bad experiences and hope they are exceptions.

for the prices they're charging for their cams (e.g. x100, and soon x-pro1), you'd think it would at least come with speedy service... 3 weeks is just waaay too long to repair a cam, that's almost a month off your hands!

I had a rather good experience with fuji service singapore. My x10 the problem of not swathing on from time to time. However, this happened only every 2 to 3 days . So, it was difficult to show to them. Anyway, I explained the problem to them, and next day, I got a brand new X10 . I can only say, Great Service, Fuji Singapore.

Did you register for the E-Warranty? I over heard from people on MRT saying they give priority to them 1st!

Is sticky aperture a common problem?
The new X-pro looks tempting but after ready about the problem here makes me re-consider about getting it:think:

Last edited:
May be I think the Fuji staff are not prepared or are overwhelmed by the company's X100 success and technical problems. Before that, their life at Fuji should be more relaxing....now suddenly, have so many warranty claims to do. The company should look into the matter...

betta01 said:
Is sticky aperture a common problem?
The new X-pro looks tempting but after ready about the problem here makes me re-consider about getting it:think:

X-Pro uses interchangeble lens?

Just to share, I had a pretty good experience at Fuji service centre too. Got a replacement for my X10 on the 3rd day after I sent it in. The technician was professional and the service counter staff were nice..

thanks for sharing. i think that sharing of such info on the service centers are very important, almost as important as gathering info on cameras/lenses to purchase.

like it or not, some of us will be unfortunate enough to have bought a lemon and worse, the service center is totally incompetent.

such information shared here is for the benefit of all Fujifilm camera owners and soon-to-be owners.

from the information shared, i will most likely be very vigilant and very persistent in any unfortunate future dealings with the service center. seems likely a 1-to1 exchange is the best policy.

accountability seems to be the key word recently. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.