Not open for further replies.

bernong1

Sep 4, 2008
www.flickr.com
My first post.

10 September 2008
"Abandoned Luxury"

IMG_0192.JPG

Came home and the house was all quiet, with two sad remote controls laid by the side on a couch, unused.

Bernard

welcome to APAD... lets look forward to improve together using APAD. :)

11 September 2008
"When's the egg going to be ready?"

IMG_0196.JPG

Bernard

12 September 2008
"At the cross roads"

2855536264_81f7b42352.jpg

Bernard

Last edited:
Why is it that my photos seem very small? Is there a way to resize itto look bigger? I'm linking it from my Picasa webalbum.

TIA
Bernard

Why is it that my photos seem very small? Is there a way to resize itto look bigger? I'm linking it from my Picasa webalbum.

TIA
Bernard

It's a guess that it has something to do with the settings in Picassa. Perhaps you have chosen to have the website automatically resize your images whenever they are uploaded. Look around to see if there's an option you can change, or whether there is a limit to what size your images can be.

Personally I use Photobucket and they allow pretty big images...600-800 pixels on the long side seems to make a comfortable size for on-screen viewing.

It's a guess that it has something to do with the settings in Picassa. Perhaps you have chosen to have the website automatically resize your images whenever they are uploaded. Look around to see if there's an option you can change, or whether there is a limit to what size your images can be.

Personally I use Photobucket and they allow pretty big images...600-800 pixels on the long side seems to make a comfortable size for on-screen viewing.

Ok. Thanks fWord. WIll check it out.
Bernard

Update
------------
I re-uploaded the same pic into flickr and the size seems to be the original. It seems Picasa resized my pic when I uploaded. THere was no option to set the correct size after uploading.

Update
------------
I re-uploaded the same pic into flickr and the size seems to be the original. It seems Picasa resized my pic when I uploaded. THere was no option to set the correct size after uploading.

That's good, but I don't know if you can hotlink from Flickr. Photobucket has an option to automatically resize images during upload, and I think their max size goes quite large, perhaps 1024 px on the longest side.

That's good, but I don't know if you can hotlink from Flickr. Photobucket has an option to automatically resize images during upload, and I think their max size goes quite large, perhaps 1024 px on the longest side.

Hi fWord
when posting, I used the "insert image" and specified the URL for my photo in Flickr. Seems to work.

Thanks again for your pointers.
Bernard

interesting...

like how the flower "expanded" in the reflections....

Thanks jxlex. The scene was even nicer an hour later when the sun shone strongly into my room, the reflection of the flower was as bright as the real flower.

Bernard

Thanks jxlex. The scene was even nicer an hour later when the sun shone strongly into my room, the reflection of the flower was as bright as the real flower.

Bernard

hope u grabbed a shot when the reflection was brighter...
nevertheless... nice capture :)

hope u grabbed a shot when the reflection was brighter...
nevertheless... nice capture :)

Thanks Ah_K. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to capture the brighter scene. :cry:

Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.