Canon PhotoMarathon Asia 2012

time to get fisheye or ultrawide

Judges decision are final and not to be contested. Canon invited those guest judges. Let's just say..suck thumb and suck it up. Otherwise next year and the rules or make big enough fuss for canon to do something about it.

...just accept the results and rethink your strategy for the next competition....i have seen some judging processes before, and due to the short time-frame for judging, judges scan the thumbnails and click on those that strike them....so its important that your image is clean and able to be noticed as thumbnails....I am not sure its the same for this competition, but just imagine having to scan aver 2000 images within say an hour and discuss the results with the team of judges. I have judged online competition before and scanning through all the submission totaling about just 1000 could take hours to look at the full-sized version, so can you imagine the Canon Photomarathon judges to actually go through the images in full-size x 2000 x 3 themes....so as the entries gets bigger each year, its gets tougher to stand out in the crowd. If you don't win, it may not be because yours were not good enough....maybe you will get luckier and get noticed next time....

Last edited:
Does anyone know how the photo posted under WONDER that had the glass floating in mid air while Coke was being poured in it was done? I am assuming no PP here since the judges must have taken a liking to it. Must imagine that it is a camera technique.

Does anyone know how the photo posted under WONDER that had the glass floating in mid air while Coke was being poured in it was done? I am assuming no PP here since the judges must have taken a liking to it. Must imagine that it is a camera technique.

if you look closely at the photo, you will see a thin thread holding up the glass from the bottle :)

zaren said:
if you look closely at the photo, you will see a thin thread holding up the glass from the bottle :)

Congratulations on being shortlisted and it was nice shooting with u

Congratulations on being shortlisted and it was nice shooting with u

haha....nice shooting with you guys too....nvm, didn't win anything but got to see some great and creative shots from the other participants

*note to self - must bring fisheye next time*

:bsmilie:

Congrats to all participants.
A lot of courage.
Dare to compete , already make u all winners.

hmm next year.. need to bring some magic props along...

Next yr I make sure no exam... Otherwise like this yr.... Everything hay wire... Ha ha ha... Congrats to all winners n participants!!!! :)

Really disappointed with the result, Is this our canon Singapore std?