DVD LABEL and Covers

shafiems

Oct 10, 2010
WHat is the best printers you use to print your DVDs and Covers
Or is there any good shop to recommend?

For a few copies of masters, I will just print on DVD labels and stick it on the DVD. There is a cheap plastic tool (I don't know how to describe) from Sim Lim Square that will enable you to stick the DVD labels perfectly everytime.

If client request for volume printing of DVD and cover, better to leave it to the duplication/printing pros. I use this company called Ortec. The boss is Steven.
http://www.ortecdigital.com/
Just call and ask for a quick quote. The more you print, the cheaper it gets.

WHat is the best printers you use to print your DVDs and Covers
Or is there any good shop to recommend?

So far, i have been using canon printers with printable verbatim DVD and Canon Glossy Papers, the final product very good.
Pasting labels never used b4 and will never use.

ok tkz all for the infos..yap I am doing like "zpengantin"
Just wanna see if have better option..

wow but the box with the alvinadeline wording have to order quite a number if they won't make for you right?

Yes, a minimum order quantity is required for the black sleeves. But if you are in this business for long, you'll use them up pretty fast.
The black sleeves are also custom-sized.

try printstop...at bain street. they can print min 2 pcs onwards.. u have to design it yourself but them =)

Bro Alternus...so without the black sleeves what is the cost...what is the minimum Prints and can PM me the contacts to do this...tkz

sis niki90 can pm me the contact no tkz..

Last edited:
Hi Shafiems, the DVD covers will cost $65 per set (double disc) without the black sleeves. $55 for the single disc set. No minimum order. I make them. I do get the occasional order from international videographers too.

Ok...bro Tkz for the reply..noted.
Will call you if I want to do them...someone replied earlier so
already in the process...Tkz anyway.

Are there any programs that you use to create the DVD labels? I'm running on Mac OS and I tried using DiscLabel but don't have many designs. Was wondering if there are any other programs that I can use? Thanks :)

Are there any programs that you use to create the DVD labels? I'm running on Mac OS and I tried using DiscLabel but don't have many designs. Was wondering if there are any other programs that I can use? Thanks :)

Illustrator presets. Doing your own design gives more unique to your DVD rather than using their presets. You can, but try tweaking alittle.

For a few copies of masters, I will just print on DVD labels and stick it on the DVD. There is a cheap plastic tool (I don't know how to describe) from Sim Lim Square that will enable you to stick the DVD labels perfectly everytime.

If client request for volume printing of DVD and cover, better to leave it to the duplication/printing pros. I use this company called Ortec. The boss is Steven.

Just call and ask for a quick quote. The more you print, the cheaper it gets.
I'm totally agree with you man.You'r 100% good here that Ortec is good option for this purpose.I personally visited there.The more you print, the cheaper it gets.Thanks for taking this opportunity to discuss this.

where can i get those verbatim printable dvds?

Challenger (Funan), Popular (Bras Basah), shops at SLS. I don't think they're too hard to find, especially at the larger branches.

Recently discovered http://www.fotohub.com/. They print on CDs/DVDs. Some mild posterization, maybe due to the limited gamut of the technology? But does look and feel just like a commercial disc. No minimum. CD-R ($3.80) DVD-R ($4.80). Inclusive of media. Not sure if you can provide your own. Gotta go to one of their kiosks/outlets, no online orders for this product.

Last edited: