Favourites of APAD (discussion)

Just a question.
Based on the latest poll (Favourites of the Week 9 Jul - 15 Jul), there were 2 entries that got 2 votes each. So, how was the choosing among these 2 for posting? By SU's votes?

Just a question.
Based on the latest poll (Favourites of the Week 9 Jul - 15 Jul), there were 2 entries that got 2 votes each. So, how was the choosing among these 2 for posting? By SU's votes?

yup like what zaren mentioned ... probably lost in the postings :sweat:

got an even simpler suggestion:

start a polling thread, each member posts his/her fav/best shot for the week, then everyone votes for their 3 fav shots posted by other members (voting for own shots not allowed). the 3 shots with the most votes gets featured inside the FOTW thread. in the event of a tie, SU's will decide which of the shots gets selected.

a simple internal vote amongst the SUs was conducted :)

so far the current system is working quite ok, just to bring back the old discussion, anyone thinks having themes for each week will ''spice up'' the project a little? :angel:

hmm not too sure about that, but i was thinking it would be great if there were say a "SU's pick" of the week or smth, whereby each SU will pick his favourite and give a few lines on why so? :)

but more work for the SUs lah... :bsmilie:

hmm not too sure about that, but i was thinking it would be great if there were say a "SU's pick" of the week or smth, whereby each SU will pick his favourite and give a few lines on why so? :)

but more work for the SUs lah... :bsmilie:

that is alot of work :eek:

that is alot of pictures to go through everyday you know

what do you all think about the idea of allowing each member to make 1 submission (own entry) and 1 nomination (other's entry) every week? :think:

so far the current system is working quite ok, just to bring back the old discussion, anyone thinks having themes for each week will ''spice up'' the project a little? :angel:

I'm ok with the idea and I believe it allows creativity to creeps in instead of members just randomly posting their pics.
But I would like a longer time frame, perhaps a week for members to think, ponder and prepare their entries.

what do you all think about the idea of allowing each member to make 1 submission (own entry) and 1 nomination (other's entry) every week? :think:

This can be incorporate into the weekly theme and fine tune along the way.

maybe change it to monthly thing
for those who do APAW instead of APAD

i believe there would be more entries

maybe change it to monthly thing
for those who do APAW instead of APAD

i believe there would be more entries

not a bad idea. to get more entries, members can be encouraged to submit up to 3 entries per month for the poll.

not a bad idea. to get more entries, members can be encouraged to submit up to 3 entries per month for the poll.

any views from the rest regarding one a month instead of once a week?

if it's once a month we can actually do it like, for example

1-31 Aug collection of entries (up to 3 entries per person)
1-7 Sep SUs pick 16 entries for poll (since technically poll threads are limited to a maximum of 16 choices)
8 - 14 Sep Poll week, maybe 6 best will be chosen

since we're allowing up to 3 entries, maybe we can like set a theme as well. those who submit more than 1 entries are required to submit at least 1 piece that's related to the theme

e.g.

3 entries - 1 following the theme, 2 free choice
2 entries - 1 following the theme, 1 free choice
1 entry - free choice, no need to follow theme

Mmm, sounds good!

Anyways, while we're at it, if let's say, people like me who have like, 2 APAD threads, can we send a blitzkrieg in, i.e. 3 from 1, 3 from the other. =D

Mmm, sounds good!

Anyways, while we're at it, if let's say, people like me who have like, 2 APAD threads, can we send a blitzkrieg in, i.e. 3 from 1, 3 from the other. =D

hmmm ... let's check with the other SUs as well, i'm not disagreeing with that though

hmmm ... let's check with the other SUs as well, i'm not disagreeing with that though

Yep, just asking, I'm ok if not allowed.

Question is - who decides the theme? I suggest that there be one "theme" winner in the 6 winners you propose (which is quite duh, hrm), and he/she gets to pick the next month's theme.

Question is - who decides the theme? I suggest that there be one "theme" winner in the 6 winners you propose (which is quite duh, hrm), and he/she gets to pick the next month's theme.

yes that can be considered ... not much time to 1 Aug, so the SUs will probably decide the first theme

ok, so this is FOTW version 3 :bsmilie: i guess need to change the name as well ... will change to Favourites of APAD

1. system will be changed to a monthly selection

2. each member is allowed to submit up to 3 entries per month

3. a theme will be chosen for each month. the theme will be announced on the 1st day of the month

4. for members submitting more than 1 entry, at least one of them has to be inline with the theme

e.g.

for 3 entries - 1 following theme, 2 free choices
for 2 entries - 1 following theme, 1 free choice
for 1 entry - free choice, no need to follow theme (but encouraged to)

5. entries will be accepted for the duration of the month (e.g. 1 - 31 Aug)

6. SUs will pick the 16 entries for poll one week after submission is closed

7. Poll will run for 1 week, 6 pictures with the highest votes will be featured in the pictures thread

so far it'll be that, will fine tune the selection as we go along ;p

thinking back, since the results will lag behind by 2 weeks, i guess the theme winner of the month can only decide the theme for the month after next. e.g. Aug winner decides Oct theme, Sep winner decides Nov theme and so on.