Fixing a dropped Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS with faulty IS

The usual fix is to replace the whole IS assembly.
Since assembly has optics, it's no surprise the fix is not cheap

Dismantling the IS assembly

Crack

Bravo..... So physical damage still can fix. If the electronics is faulty then need to replace the whole assembly? Or Canon sell spares? Any idea how that kind of damage can happen?

Last edited:
Amazing job, well done.

Bravo..... So physical damage still can fix. If the electronics is faulty then need to replace the whole assembly? Or Canon sell spares? Any idea how that kind of damage can happen?

Nowadays, service centers (even other brands) replace by assembly or board. They won't go down to component level.
It's faster for them and less parts inventory to maintain.
And also,service centers don't sell part

Nowadays, service centers (even other brands) replace by assembly or board. They won't go down to component level.
It's faster for them and less parts inventory to maintain.
And also,service centers don't sell part

You are a rare GEM.... Canon should hire you! hahaha

Wow, great skills and patience. I live nearby only :) Next time if my Canon lens faulty, can look for you :) Jokes aside, do you repair for others for a fee?

Wow, great skills and patience. I live nearby only :) Next time if my Canon lens faulty, can look for you :) Jokes aside, do you repair for others for a fee?

Yes he does, sms him at his number given in his signature. Turn around time depends on the amount of requests from fellow CS-ers ;)

wah, let me salute you.

Power!! :D

Repair does attract a charge, but his fees are reasonable.