Free encoder (Advanced simple profile) for MAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
Hi people,

I am having some trouble ripping DVDs for my epson P3000, which supports mpeg4 (advanced simple profile) ....

I am using Handbrake to rip the DVDs but it seems that the encoding is x264.... Is there any freeware similar to Handbrake than can rip DVDs into advanced simple profile MPEG4?

can it rip DVDs directly? basically allow you to choose specific chapters in the DVD to rip. I like the handbrake UI but somehow the video doesn't playback on my P3000.

i think it can rip unprotected DVDs but visualhub's strength is in the conversion. for ripping you might want to try mactheripper which is free.

can it rip DVDs directly? basically allow you to choose specific chapters in the DVD to rip. I like the handbrake UI but somehow the video doesn't playback on my P3000.

Yeah, when i tried handbrake directly the audio and video do not sync properly on my P2000. After a bit of search online, I manage to solve the problem by reencoding the MP4 file created by handbrake using quicktime pro. But it's 1 additional step to do. If anybody else got a better solution please tell me... :)

Mactheripper do not encode into MP4 i think.

Yeah, when i tried handbrake directly the audio and video do not sync properly on my P2000. After a bit of search online, I manage to solve the problem by reencoding the MP4 file created by handbrake using quicktime pro. But it's 1 additional step to do. If anybody else got a better solution please tell me... :)

Mactheripper do not encode into MP4 i think.

mactheripper only rips the vob files from the dvd. after that you can use other software like visualhub or handbrake to encode to mp4.

Visualhub works well for the P-2000? No audio/video out-of-sync problems? Might consider if that's really the case.

handbrake works fine now for P3000. Dunno if it is because of the ffmpegX I downloaded. I just choose the ffmpeg profile and get a .avi file. It runs perfectly on my P3000. no audio synchronisation problems.

Maybe you should upgrade to P3000 :)

handbrake works fine now for P3000. Dunno if it is because of the ffmpegX I downloaded. I just choose the ffmpeg profile and get a .avi file. It runs perfectly on my P3000. no audio synchronisation problems.

Maybe you should upgrade to P3000 :)

Argghh... dun tempt me... :nono: Maybe Epson will come up with a firmware upgrade so that the P2000 can play fine too? :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.