Harman Titan Pinhole Camera

May 2, 2010
Singapore
Hi everyone!

I just bought a Harman Titan Pinhole Camera (HTPC) and I really like the kind of images it produces. Does anyone here in Singapore also use one, or any other 4x5" pinhole camera?

Hi, u may wan to know that the LF photographers discuss mainly in the Medium Format sub-forum.

Hey Chris very interested in the pinhole .... New to this been reading review etc....how do u develop the paper ??? Using the 3 steps ...develop ...stop ...fit liquids ???

Hey Chris very interested in the pinhole .... New to this been reading review etc....how do u develop the paper ??? Using the 3 steps ...develop ...stop ...fit liquids ???

You will need to develop the paper in the darkroom after exposure. Ruby Photo sells Ilford Multigrade, which is a standard developer. You will also need to get a stop bath (Ilfostop) and Rapid Fixer.

The net has many sites describing the process of developing the print. But here's a rough overview of how I do it.

1. Prepare the chemicals. The first tray contains the developer - 1 part Multigrade, 9 parts water (1:9). The second tray - 1 part Ilfostop, 19 parts water (1:19). The third tray - 1 part Rapid Fixer, 9 parts water.

2. With the main lights switched off (but the darkroom red light on), place the exposed paper in the first tray, develop and agitate for 1 minute.

3. Lift the paper from the tray and drip excess developer back into the tray. Then place it in the second tray and agitate about 30 seconds.

4. Likewise, drip off the excess stop bath, and place the paper into the third tray, the Rapid Fixer. Agitate for at least 1 minute. I fix for 2, but no longer than that.

5. Wash the paper in a tray of running water for 45 minutes, and hang dry.

That's generally it. You can refer to Ilford's tech sheets for starting times. Remember that a good beginning exposure is important to begin with. For the FB paper, it's ISO 3.

Sound fun ....thanks man.... really good explanation ... Cheers

The article on developing film is not really relevant because the Harman Titan camera shoots 6x6 negatives no?

Vittra said:
The article on developing film is not really relevant because the Harman Titan camera shoots 6x6 negatives no?

It doesnt shoot on 6x6 negatives. It shoots on 4x5" sheet film, or darkroom paper.