How long would you be watching?

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
I went to NZ recently for 28 days, doing time lapse mostly. I also capture some video footage as i use my action camera as car camera. Each time lapse mostly above 300 photos, roughly 10s or so. Even I tried to squeeze in all for 30s per day, I still got about 15 mins of footage. My question is that would you watch 15 mins of it (don't worry, without much of me inside, except my shadow, haha!) or under 10 mins would be fine?

If you have a story to tell, people will watch for hours (LoTR ;) )
Without story I would switch off after 2min max.

If you have a story to tell, people will watch for hours (LoTR ;) )
Without story I would switch off after 2min max.

Just my own NZ trip, haha! Anyway, will post on Youtube once done :D

Under 5 mins more than sufficient.

I took timelapses myself also cannot stand watching other timelapse footages for more than 10min.

Timelapse is like super strong condiment for a dish. By itself, should only presented in small doses. Unless there's a terribly good reason, keep to under 4 or 5 min (about length of a song, at most). Throw out those that don't contribute to the flow of the presentation or couldn't sync with the music (I assume there is one).

I took timelapses myself also cannot stand watching other timelapse footages for more than 10min.

Timelapse is like super strong condiment for a dish. By itself, should only presented in small doses. Unless there's a terribly good reason, keep to under 4 or 5 min (about length of a song, at most). Throw out those that don't contribute to the flow of the presentation or couldn't sync with the music (I assume there is one).

Yes, I converted about 60 for now (half of the journey only) and the effects seems not nice due to weather. I just thought of splitting up the time lapse if possible. Same as you, I skip time lapse while watching as some only focus on certain object (milkyway, landscape etc) but mine is a story, a bit different :D

I still got plenty of video from the action camera as I set it up as a car camera. Some of the footage got reflection of the USB cable which is bad but no choice, I solo, hard to monitor so much. Maybe next time when I went for a long trip, will still that this kind of time lapse/video, maybe when I go to South America side when save enough again. :D

Edited : I think I just put those main ones in, should be around 5 mins. Then I create a full version for myself (or those like to be bored, post on my own FB will do) to view :D :p

Last edited: