How to crop images in camera for OMD - EM5

skin

Dec 20, 2003
HI all,

I have looked through the manual for the OMD EM5 and followed the guidance to crop photos in camera to save as another image but cant seem to zoom all the way as per my previous cameras.When i turn the main dial or when i press the directional arrow buttons.I cant zoom all the way. Any way around this?

HI all,

I have looked through the manual for the OMD EM5 and followed the guidance to crop photos in camera to save as another image but cant seem to zoom all the way as per my previous cameras.When i turn the main dial or when i press the directional arrow buttons.I cant zoom all the way. Any way around this?

I think you can't zoom all the way, although you can move the box around. Cropping from in cam edit is rather limited, unless you dun mind a few more steps of cropping the cropped version, i would suggest from software.

Thanks for the replies

didnt know if the in camera cropping works... i always get the error "the image cannot be edited" hmm

To crop or to change aspect ratio, your original needs to be shot in 4:3 format.
If the source is in the non 4:3 aspect ratio, merge it with a 4:3 black image and the result raw or jpg will become 4:3.