I jusy bought my tele lense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by SianZronG
it's $70? Cool.... i saw in the other post and i thought i was USD$70 :eek: if it was the case i rather not touch it....
but another problem does it work on my lense? it's a 43mm with the lense adpater..... should work rite? cause it's both olympus?
The C-210 will still exhibit vignetting at full zoom on your camera, but apparently it will be quite minimal. If you can get your hands on one, you may want to try it out there and then and see if the results are acceptable to you. At the very least, the lens quality will be a lot better than the el-cheapo one you got. :D

Originally posted by PsychoBoy
SianZronG, so is the lens adapter long enough? will your lens hit the UV filter?
I got a adapter which was obviously not long enough then i added the step up ring and then the UV lense which just fit and the camera's lense just stopped in front of the UV lense nicley.... then i fitted the telelense on top which is conneccted to the Uv lense straight...... that's how i did it....

Originally posted by Midnight
The C-210 will still exhibit vignetting at full zoom on your camera, but apparently it will be quite minimal. If you can get your hands on one, you may want to try it out there and then and see if the results are acceptable to you. At the very least, the lens quality will be a lot better than the el-cheapo one you got. :D
agar agar how much it's gonna cost? i don't wanna blow a hole in my pocket.... :(

I got a adapter which was obviously not long enough then i added the step up ring and then the UV lense which just fit and the camera's lense just stopped in front of the UV lense nicley.... then i fitted the telelense on top which is conneccted to the Uv lense straight...... that's how i did it....

can show some pictures of the set up? showing all the step-up and filters.

Thank you so much.

Originally posted by PsychoBoy
SianZronG, so is the lens adapter long enough? will your lens hit the UV filter?

think the newer cameras are alright and the lens won't crash onto the UV filter.

cause the sales man is a friend of mine so i will be going back to change another model(that's a good point :))..... i using Olyumpus C-4000Z fitted with a lense adapter and a UV filter. then a step up ring to the tele conveter.....

suggestions for cheap tele lenses? i got this lense for less than $50.. and it's supposed 2.7x.....

here's a pic of it....

http://www.pbase.com/image/4740723

http://www.pbase.com/image/4740769

it's a brand named steinzeser.....

i have the same thing as u... try zooming up to +2 times digital zoom. seems okay on mine...

here's my sample pix

without tele lense

EPSN0007.jpg

with tele lense

EPSN0008.jpg

Originally posted by zephyr

i have the same thing as u... try zooming up to +2 times digital zoom. seems okay on mine...

here's my sample pix

without tele lense

EPSN0007.jpg

with tele lense

EPSN0008.jpg

but the point is zooming up to 2x digital zoom defeats the purpose already...might as well take the whole pciture and crop off the unsightly parts?

But still the quality of the pics arn't as fabulous as it looks so i confirm i will be changing the tele lense.... hopfully i can find one that actually works.....

and the funny part was that when he passes mi the lense it was coated with dust.... it was the one in the show case.... must be quite old already... nobody buy :bsmilie:

but the point is zooming up to 2x digital zoom defeats the purpose already...might as well take the whole pciture and crop off the unsightly parts?

But still the quality of the pics arn't as fabulous as it looks so i confirm i will be changing the tele lense.... hopfully i can find one that actually works.....

and the funny part was that when he passes mi the lense it was coated with dust.... it was the one in the show case.... must be quite old already... nobody buy :bsmilie:

that's different, cropping off the unsightly parts still doesn't give u a bigger pix of the object that u wanna take. for me, add a telelense is to bring me closer to the object, since combining with digi zoom will bring me even closer and do not give me vignetting and the quality of the pix doesn't degrade too much, i dun the point of why not using it. anyway, the lens was free for my case lah... make the best use of it loh... dun think anybody wanna buy it from me anyway... i'm stil waiting for crystal LX sharpshooter... 8x tele...

that's different, cropping off the unsightly parts still doesn't give u a bigger pix of the object that u wanna take. for me, add a telelense is to bring me closer to the object, since combining with digi zoom will bring me even closer and do not give me vignetting and the quality of the pix doesn't degrade too much, i dun the point of why not using it. anyway, the lens was free for my case lah... make the best use of it loh... dun think anybody wanna buy it from me anyway... i'm stil waiting for crystal LX sharpshooter... 8x tele...
i thought digital is as good as just going to photoshop to streach the file.

So digital is kinda ..... useless? and taking the whole pic and taking a digitally zoomed pic is the same?

i thought digital is as good as just going to photoshop to streach the file.

So digital is kinda ..... useless? and taking the whole pic and taking a digitally zoomed pic is the same?

dunnoe.. i think it's more of enlarging rather than stretching... the digitally zoomed pix for my camera doesn't look too bad loh... mabbe i'm using the interpolate thingy...

dunnoe.. i think it's more of enlarging rather than stretching... the digitally zoomed pix for my camera doesn't look too bad loh... mabbe i'm using the interpolate thingy...

you using wat camera? interpolate reminds mi of fujifilm :D

you using wat camera? interpolate reminds mi of fujifilm :D

Epson 3100Z... has a interpolate feature too.. from 3.3MP -> about 4.8MP... not too bad a camera.. got hot shoe somemore...

Epson 3100Z... has a interpolate feature too.. from 3.3MP -> about 4.8MP... not too bad a camera.. got hot shoe somemore...

did you get it cheap at the comdex?

i didn't have the luck of getting one though.... :(

it was a really great buy.....

this interpolation thing really reminds mi of the fujifilm series....

i got it 2nd hand.. only a few months old... for the price of $350, comes with the teleconvertor, 2 filter and a circular polarizer.. not bad a deal... ;) and the camera is in mint condition...

hhaah.. ya loh.. Fujifilm have the interpolation thingy too...

why dun u try using ur teleconvertor with digital zoom and see how's the end result.. post it up and see... if it still as bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.