Increase in price for Kodak Films

SeAnCoLd

Nov 10, 2008
Hi all, Portra 400 135 has increased to $14 at both TripleD and Ruby and the other Kodak films have all increased in price (ranging from $0.50 to $2). Anyone has any cheap film sources to share?

This increase in price isn't really helping the film industry...

Head to Triple D within these 2 days and you might still be able to buy at $12 as the increment is only effective 1st Nov the last I checked. They did change the price tag on the shelves to new price already.

Ruby totally no stock so when new stock arrives, confirm is at increased pricing.

Other shops like Konota and Cathay all no longer sell Portra.

In the long run, consumers have no choice but to continue to support these shops even with the increased pricing. The last thing we want is they all go out of business and there's no other avenue for us to do C-41 development locally.

I see. No other shops in Singapore selling Portra 400? I see many shop selling Kodak gold and ultramax, but not easy to find pro films like ektar, protra, tx and tmax.

Not that I know of, maybe others can advise. I know many do bulk order from overseas but the savings is not really that huge in my opinion, mainly due to shipping cost....that's why I rather buy locally. Unless you buy by container load....then the savings might be substantial.

We are already more fortunate than our neighbours up north. Other than price, the availability of Portra there is an even bigger issue. I heard many actually have to buy from Singapore and bring them back to cold store...

I see. Ektar is at 6 dollars a roll for 120 and 8 dollars for 135 on Amazon. That's quite a lot of money saved. As for portra400, they don't ship it to Singapore, and I can't find any retailers online that sell it for much less than $14

i have just ordered 3 packs of portra 400 135 (5 rolls per pack) at US$36.75 each, plus 3 rolls of portra 800 135 at $9.90 each roll. So total is US$140.22. Free shipping to SG. This works out to about S$10 per roll. Not bad lah.

Where did you order them from bro?? Can you provide the link?

i have just ordered 3 packs of portra 400 135 (5 rolls per pack) at US$36.75 each, plus 3 rolls of portra 800 135 at $9.90 each roll. So total is US$140.22. Free shipping to SG. This works out to about S$10 per roll. Not bad lah.

Last edited:
Where did you order them from bro?? Can you provide the link?

Amazon lor. As long as you order above US$125 (iirc), free shipping to SG.

The ones I saw don't ship to Singapore. Link please?
Amazon lor. As long as you order above US$125 (iirc), free shipping to SG.

Seancold, sometimes Amazon stocks their own portra and sells directly. That's why the price is 36 USD. I think they haven't replenished inventory so you'll need to wait.

The Portra currently listed is from a 3rd party seller which isn't applicable for the 125 USD free shipping.

I see. Ok. A little waiting then. Thanks for the reply!

By the way, any issues with shipping the film? X-ray scanners and all? I've shipped some FP-100C before and they seemed unaffected. No experience with negatives though

Seancold, sometimes Amazon stocks their own portra and sells directly. That's why the price is 36 USD. I think they haven't replenished inventory so you'll need to wait.

The Portra currently listed is from a 3rd party seller which isn't applicable for the 125 USD free shipping.

If there were any problems, a lot of bros here would have kena already ;)

I've also shipped FP-3000B with no problems. So you can rest assured it is safe!

Can vouch for: Borderlinx, Vpost and amazon

I see. Ok. A little waiting then. Thanks for the reply!

By the way, any issues with shipping the film? X-ray scanners and all? I've shipped some FP-100C before and they seemed unaffected. No experience with negatives though

Cool! Thanks for the confidence booster bro

If there were any problems, a lot of bros here would have kena already ;)

I've also shipped FP-3000B with no problems. So you can rest assured it is safe!

Can vouch for: Borderlinx, Vpost and amazon

Heads up, bros

Price of Portra 400 5 rolls pack has gone up by 10 USD on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004FNRTGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bro you click on more options, still at same price for the ones sold by Amazon. This price is sold by external party.

I just came back from Bangkok. Portra 400 is only $8.15 per roll after conversion. Snapped up quite a few packs maxing out what my carry on can take.

You're right! Silly me

Wow... That's really cheap. $5+ savings per roll.

Must head there for a holiday after using up my stash. Freezer's half filled with film already :bsmilie:

Bro you click on more options, still at same price for the ones sold by Amazon. This price is sold by external party.

I just came back from Bangkok. Portra 400 is only $8.15 per roll after conversion. Snapped up quite a few packs maxing out what my carry on can take.

You're right! Silly me

Wow... That's really cheap. $5+ savings per roll.

Must head there for a holiday after using up my stash. Freezer's half filled with film already :bsmilie:

Yup i thought i saw the price wrongly and i have to triple check to confirm that its not miscommunication. It's THB$1050 for packs of 5, and readily available in lots of places. Quite envious of the Thais haha.

Excellent news bro!

Yup i thought i saw the price wrongly and i have to triple check to confirm that its not miscommunication. It's THB$1050 for packs of 5, and readily available in lots of places. Quite envious of the Thais haha.