My scammed experience in BALLY PHOTO ELECTRONICS @Funan

Status
Not open for further replies.
in this event. you can log to case.
Call them up,can it be 7 days refund policy.
If can get refund from them, just get full refund from them.
You can buy from other shop.
Once it log feedback to case. that shop will be blacklisted.

I think all the bro & sis who had been scammed should make a report them against CASE, post on their blog, and face book, and also, get the forum.....

A collective report will be more powerful!!!!!

Last edited:
Search Bally Photo in Google and you will see lots of negative remarks and comments on them.

The most important thing, have you checked prices from other shops?

There are lots of shops in Funan, and mostly reputable.

- Alan Photo
- TK Foto Technic
- SLR Revolution
- John 3:16

I am sure these shops listed above somehow quote a bit higher price, + or - but I don't think they would use tactics like what TS suffered.

Right now, the only thing you can do is to report to C.A.S.E and let them have a record on them.

Reporting to police would not help since you have agreed on dealing with the price.

Now, it's no point talking over this matter as your aim was to get a camera and enjoy shooting.

Let's take this as a lesson and avoid this shop.

Once again, I feel the pain of loss for TS .... :bheart::bheart:

Then, suddenly I saw the lens brand was not Canon but a very strange brand that I have never saw.

Hi, can you tell us what is the "strange" brand that you are referring to? Are you talking about Sigma, Tokina and Tamron? Is that lens inside the box of the EOS 60D or outside as itself? Since you are buying the kit set EF-S 18-200mm, it should be a bigger box of the EOS 60D. Did you see the box written as EOS 60D with EF-S 18-200mm?

Hi bro,

May I ask how old are you or how old you look like? I am curious to know if they try to pull stunt on young buyers or anyone in general.

Good thing you called the Police, dun let them be bullied. I shall up the thread often to inform others.

I want to post my terrible shopping experience in BALLY PHOTO ELECTRONICS PET LTD at #02-03B Funan today, .......

Bally Photo has employee who don't really have much knowledge in their products, beware.
I went in, and asked that i wanna look for Extension tube, the employee asked me, what's that? :bsmilie::bsmilie:

it's your very 1st post and you are telling that you got scammed? oh dear:what: since you don't have a lot of experience to buy DSLR, you could have got an experienced friend to tag along.

that's a hard and painful way to buy a DSLR.

Aiyah, papajanggo33, no need to be mean....there's a first for everyone. I'm sure u had your first time(s) too. When I first started, I too dont have ANY friends who were experienced with DSLRs! You probably have a wider social circle of friends? :dunno:

To TS: I had the same experience with Bally in SLS and that was 2.5yrs ago. But I learnt. Am proud of you that you had the courage to call the Police! Hope that this nasty experience will be a learning curve for you. Well, shoot more, and make more friends in here then! I have made some really good friends whom I learnt alot from! :) Keep shooting! All the best!

... I always talked with them in a very kind tone, but the sales was very rude. He put everything into a plastic bag and throw it out of his store and asked me to go. I had no choice and called the police. When I was waiting outside of the store, another sales said he is the manager of the shop and want to help me to solve the problem. I agreed. ....

Hi there, you mentioned that the sales staff put everything into a plastic and throw it out of his store and asked you to go.
So he actually throw the plastic bag with the camera and lens, out of the store? Did you check for any damages on the camera and lens?
Matter of fact, you should not have accept the offer done by the manager as the items have been thrown out of the store; instead you should have just wait for the police to come and ensure he gets a new set for you with the right lens.
Anyway, it had already been happened. Just try to monitor the functionality of your camera, and if something isn't right about it; just bring it down to the store again with the receipt.
If you don't dare to do so, you ask some of the fellow guys here to accompany you to reason out on the possible.

Totally agreed that Bally is not being honest in their selling methods. Something needs to be done. As a Nikon user, I feel Bally should be ceased from being an authorized dealer for Nikon, who is supposed to be trustworthy & recommendable by Nikon.

Therefore, I suggest all Nikon users or other brands users should gather up & write into the respective manufacturers to withdraw their authorization to name Bally as their dealer to prevent any misleading selling to more newbies or inexperienced buyer in general.

Search Bally Photo in Google and you will see lots of negative remarks and comments on them.

The most important thing, have you checked prices from other shops?

There are lots of shops in Funan, and mostly reputable.

- Alan Photo
- TK Foto Technic
- SLR Revolution
- John 3:16

The CS price guides show SLR Revolution address as 05-K7 Funan Digitalife Mal. I bought a lens there yesterday, and was surprised to find out that the receipt shows the shop name as Bally Photo Electronics, 05-K7 Funan Digitalife Mall. I don't think I was cheated or scammed though. Sorry to hear about TS's experience.

Dont ever buy anything from Bally Photo Electronic. When I wanted to buy my first SLR ... Canon 7D ... they quoted me a price ...$1400. I asked the sales guy... are you sure? He glared at me and said yes. I stared at him and decided to walk out... Too good to be true. I was just not comfortable.

Yesterday I walked into the shop to look for a camera bag. One of the salesmen quoted $ 190. Before that I have checked out the price from 2 other shops... $105 and $109 . Half an hour later , I went back to the shop again ....$140.

From that moment... I knew that this shop cannot be trusted. Shouldn't this shop be blacklisted?????????:angry:

Although I sympathise with your shopping experience, I still do wonder why is it that people still buy from bally despite all the discussion about them.

There was once when I was in funan shopping at another shop(non camera), I saw one of the bally staff(probably the manager, me think) boasting to the staff from that shop about how he con people. :sweat:

As a side note, correct me if I am wrong, but I honestly believe that SLR-R is actually related to bally in someway or another. This is because perm staff there look like they used to be in bally and sometimes in the early morning, you can see the current bally staff chatting and helping out there. Nonetheless, I had a decent experience at SLRR. Edit: The above was in MAY2010, when 5th floor bally was still beside old cybermind.

Last edited:
The CS price guides show SLR Revolution address as 05-K7 Funan Digitalife Mal. I bought a lens there yesterday, and was surprised to find out that the receipt shows the shop name as Bally Photo Electronics, 05-K7 Funan Digitalife Mall. I don't think I was cheated or scammed though. Sorry to hear about TS's experience.

Its not updated mah...

Anyway SLR Revo MOVED to #04-18 while Bally took over #05-K7.Bally retained the same display cabinets/floor plan so that people who did not do their homework properly will walk into the new Bally and get :hung:

Last edited:
they're pricing too is a ripoff.
make sure you do research before buying photography stuff.
I was looking at bags there yesterday.
they were charging 60 bucks more for a roller bag compared to the other stores at funan.

Its not updated mah...

Anyway SLR Revo MOVED to #04-18 while Bally took over #05-K7.Bally retained the same display cabinets/floor plan so that people who did not do their homework properly will walk into the new Bally and get :hung:

Which is even more suspicious that they are related. I haven't been to funan in 2-3 months, but from what I heard from my friends working in funan when I was there, funan management is not allowing 5th floor tenant to renew the rental contract. Have to shift down if want to stay in funan. Heard it is for some game shop area thingy. That is why shops like fast cable, chamoxa, trends mobile, cybermind etc have to shift out of their old 5th floor shop space. Furthermore, SLR-R probably have not been there for so long that their rental contract can expire...

As a side note, correct me if I am wrong, but I honestly believe that SLR-R is actually related to bally in someway or another. This is because perm staff there look like they used to be in bally and sometimes in the early morning, you can see the current bally staff chatting and helping out there. Nonetheless, I had a decent experience at SLRR. Edit: The above was in MAY2010, when 5th floor bally was still beside old cybermind.

but SLR-R is fine, from what i see.

Sad to hear your story man....that is why doing your home work would definitely help you. Buy only from reputable shops listed here or tag along someone who knows where to get the stuff that you want and not getting ripped off!!!

Sadly, you are not the first nor you will be the last to kanna rip off by them. Just take it as a EXPENSIVE lesson and move on. Best, tell your frz to stay away from that shop.

Its not updated mah...

Believed it or not Bally and SLR revo are related. If you are willing to spend $5 each (for Bally and for SLR revo) to check the company details in ARCA.

Why such differing service practices between the shops, to some it does not make sense but to some it does makes good business sense to take on 2 segment of the market ie the "carrot market" and the more savy market. They are just happy to earn $ whatever it takes. ;)

Believed it or not Bally and SLR revo are related. If you are willing to spend $5 each (for Bally and for SLR revo) to check the company details in ARCA.

Why such differing service practices between the shops, to some it does not make sense but to some it does makes good business sense to take on 2 segment of the market ie the "carrot market" and the more savy market. They are just happy to earn $ whatever it takes. ;)

They cater to different market. One sell cheap, one sell expensive, overall, same as other shops. They don't lose in terms of profit, yet sell to people from different walks of life (foreign or local). The practice does make sense, assuming they're the same shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.