NEED HELP WITH PRICING FOR EVENT COVERAGE

kyleong93

Apr 12, 2012
Singapore
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum so please pardon me if I make some mistakes.

I need help with pricing for a 3hour ands 30minutes event coverage of a hair seminar/competition/hair showcase of a particular salon which has 100+ people.

The client is asking for:

1. 2 hours or more edited footage 1080 HD
  2. 2x DVD(s)
  3. a 8 minutes "highlight" version of the entire event.

I understand that most videographers charge by looking at hour rates, post time and other requirements:

I'll be bringing down 2 or 3 videographers (including myself)
editing time might be longer than 10 hours.

How much should I charge the client?

Thanks alot!

I don't think anyone one can tell you how much you can charge your client. Mainly because 1) we do not know how much you are paying for your other videographers, 2) your profit.. These are the two I can think of as of now. There are other factors will affect the charges like transport, food, renting of equipments. If you do a proper calculations, I think you will know your rates.

Hope it helps. Cheers*

You have to know your value as a videographer to know how to price yourself, because if you don't have see value in yourself, chances are your consumers are worse than clueless about your worth.

Price yourself, be it rates or packages, in a way that it reasonably reflects the quality of the product that you will produce. The amount they pay is equivalent to the expectation of the product.

Like with expectations, if clients have high expectations and you produce something that doesn't meet it, client will feel they've paid too much.
Underprice and meet or exceed expectation, fear not that you won't have repeat business.

Most important thing is know the value you are bringing into the product for the client.

In your case, if you say it's high budget, then just make provisions for the amount of shooters you're getting, be it flat rate or hourly.

Yeah, totally makes sense.

Thanks! I've already typed out my charges. :)

Thanks for all the advice guys! :)