Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Unofficial hands on

spidey89

Staff member
Jun 6, 2007
South Western Singapore
Here it is everyone! The unofficial handson before the official hands-on session! Want to molest the latest and greatest? Want to buy but unconvinced because of the price to performance ratio? Come down and try, bring your own SD card and lenses, legacy lenses with adapters also can.

Date: 9 Nov (Wed)
Time: 630pm-830pm
Venue: In front of Esplanade near Jubilee bridge

There will be another one on 19th actual testing with Olympus Singapore, we will post that soon and it will have more Em1mark2 and lenses.
We have one or two units so we'll have to share, bring your own camera to shoot by side, we'll be shooting sunset (if available) and if it rains, we'll meet inside Esplanade!

This is non official and since it's night time hard to be able to do much testing of AF. Just more of touch and feel camera. There will be one on 19 Nov which is actual with Olympus Singapore with a lot more camera and lenses to test.

Please list your name so we have an idea of how many people there are.

Last edited:
Bro spidey,

When is this unofficial hands-on session ?

You only mentioned the actual ones with Olympus Singapore ...

Apologise in advance if I missed it somewhere in between the lines ...

Thanks

Here it is everyone! The unofficial handson before the official hands-on session! Want to molest the latest and greatest? Want to buy but unconvinced because of the price to performance ratio? Come down and try, bring your own SD card and lenses, legacy lenses with adapters also can.

There will be another one on 19th actual testing with Olympus Singapore, we will post that soon and it will have more Em1mark2 and lenses.
We have one or two units so we'll have to share, bring your own camera to shoot by side, we'll be shooting sunset (if available) and if it rains, we'll meet inside Esplanade!

This is non official and since it's night time hard to be able to do much testing of AF. Just more of touch and feel camera. There will be one on 19 Nov which is actual with Olympus Singapore with a lot more camera and lenses to test.

Please list your name so we have an idea of how many people there are.

Last edited:
Will be Wednesday evening, from 630pm-8+. Let me update that. We will have just 2 sets at the moment, and 25mm Pro x 2 and 12-100mm Pro x 2. More of touch and feel, hard to test AF though can test the amazing 5 axis (we were able to do 10secs shots handheld), and if there's many people have to rotate around more. If really wanna test more, it will be 19th november, once details are out we will post it here.

Something wrong with the date. Is it 9 Nov 2016 (Wed) or 10 Nov 2016 (Thu)?

Sorry all, was tired and wasn't thinking properly, and I'm sure WongLP was tired too hahaha

lol sorry guys, it is Wed 9/11. was typing just over 12 midnight I think.

Here's a 10sec handheld shot using EM1 Mark II and 25mm Pro. It's might be a one hit wonder, though it shows how good the IBIS is. Spidey89 also did 10sec with same setup. I can find so many reasons to like the advanced 5 axis IBIS.

01 Swifty
02 richwong21

Thanks!

01 Swifty
02 richwong21
03 Elusif

Thank you!