Panasonic 12-60

Yeah a little slow leh. I stick to Oly 12-40/2.8 and Panny 12-35/2.8

Yeah a little slow leh. I stick to Oly 12-40/2.8 and Panny 12-35/2.8

Agree. But have in situations where I need to zoom around the 35mm (70 eq) range in a concert, and I just can't do it. This gives me the range but not bright. Hmm

Compare this lens and the Oly 12-50, I would think the Oly is a more versatile lens

Yep. But won't work for me as I need the OIS for video

I feel ya bro... this is the life of panny body users. Haha.

Looks good for travel since most sightseeing usually done in the daytime. Not so great for events since a lot of events can be in dimly lit indoor locations.

Last edited:
I feel ya bro... this is the life of panny body users. Haha. Looks good for travel since most sightseeing usually done in the daytime. Not so great for events since a lot of events can be in dimly lit indoor locations.

A6300.... Heh heh

Most of the time when we shoot video, we are using a tripod or monopod for stability. With the electronic zoom the 12-50 would more suitable for videography than the 12-60.

Or you can always use ur oly or GX8 body for video.

Agree. But have in situations where I need to zoom around the 35mm (70 eq) range in a concert, and I just can't do it. This gives me the range but not bright. Hmm

in that situation, use the Olympus 45 F1.8 lah ... still much faster than than the 12-60. At 60 is F5.6, way too slow and surely not bright enough ... so no point getting the 12-60, i think ...

Last edited:
in that situation, use the Olympus 45 F1.8 lah ... still much faster than than the 12-60. At 60 is F5.6, way too slow and surely not bright enough ... so no point getting the 12-60, i think ...

When Panasonic introduced the lens, I thought about the Olympus 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0, which I felt wasn't great but that is still a usable maximum aperture for a 5x zoom. I've only used one f/3.5-5.6 lens successfully, and it seemed as though I was lucky.

When Panasonic introduced the lens, I thought about the Olympus 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0, which I felt wasn't great but that is still a usable maximum aperture for a 5x zoom. I've only used one f/3.5-5.6 lens successfully, and it seemed as though I was lucky.

I had the 14-54 mk II. Worked very well on my GH2 at that time. Sold it. Now I regret it : (

I had the 14-54 mk II. Worked very well on my GH2 at that time. Sold it. Now I regret it : (

I have the original 14-54mm lens, plus the 14-35mm f/2.0 but never had the 12-60mm. The 14-54mm is so light that it probably felt good on the GH2.

I'm glad that we have several zoom lenses that start at 12mm for micro Four-Thirds. It has made a huge difference.

This has a nice zoom range. Not so fast for a lens but will be good to have in situations with plenty of light. Not so much for low light shooting.

This has a nice zoom range. Not so fast for a lens but will be good to have in situations with plenty of light. Not so much for low light shooting.

Actually I think this is too slow. Now looking at metabones smart adapter + sigma 17-70 / sigma 17-50 / canon 17-55

Last edited:
Actually I think this is too slow. Now looking at metabones smart adapter + sigma 17-70 / sigma 17-50 / canon 17-55

It got me thinking about how nice the Olympus ZD 12-60mm f/2.8-4.0 lens was, though it had some significant distortion at 12mm.

I was considering getting the Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.0 for Nikon but I ended up getting a Tamron superzoom because I usually shoot wide with the D7200. It's too bad that the 17-70mm doesn't have instant rebates now.

The 1.5 crop factor lenses are heavier than the m43 lens

Yep. But I'm ok with the weight. I used to shoot with the Panny 14-140 Mk 1 (400+g) and also the Oly 14-54Mk II (close to 500g).