Panasonic GF2, Skin tone

Blu-By-U

Aug 2, 2006
Selangor D.E.
Have been using the GF2 for a few months.

While reviewing some of my photographs taken over the weekend with my E-5, I find that photographs taken with the GF2 of human are not as vibrant as those shot with the E-PL1 or E-5. The scenery shots are without any complains. Any idea or is my settings off?

GF2
6037527909_674643b99b.jpg

E-PL1
5205727245_a8061f96c7.jpg

Last edited:
Have been using the GF2 for a few months.

While reviewing some of my photographs taken over the weekend with my E-5, I find that photographs taken with the GF2 of human are not as vibrant as those shot with the E-PL1 or E-5. The scenery shots are without any complains. Any idea or is my settings off?

GF2
6037527909_674643b99b.jpg

E-PL1
5205727245_a8061f96c7.jpg

That's because Panasonic cameras tend towards the neutral side of colors, whereas Olympus cameras produce saturated jpegs.

But it is a matter or preference. Many photographers shooting film happen to use film that is less saturated anyway when shooting portrait, or even black and white...

That's because Panasonic cameras tend towards the neutral side of colors, whereas Olympus cameras produce saturated jpegs.

But it is a matter or preference. Many photographers shooting film happen to use film that is less saturated anyway when shooting portrait, or even black and white...

not sure about panny but for pen..if you shoot portraint..then u can choose potrait color mode..which the skin tone will be natural.

not sure about panny but for pen..if you shoot portraint..then u can choose potrait color mode..which the skin tone will be natural.

I'm pretty much out of date with the latest Panasonic camera functionality, which has evolved a fair bit since the GF1.