Sony RX10 mk4

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Mostly getting it to "replace" my RX100 mk1. On top of that, I also need a super tele for some wildlife. If go for a A77mk2 (or mk3) setup and 150-600mm lens, cannot fit into my bag if I need to go oversea with the other 2 camera and lenses (doing time lapse)
Hope the price is just right, about $2.4k is ok for me.

Mostly getting it to "replace" my RX100 mk1. On top of that, I also need a super tele for some wildlife. If go for a A77mk2 (or mk3) setup and 150-600mm lens, cannot fit into my bag if I need to go oversea with the other 2 camera and lenses (doing time lapse)
Hope the price is just right, about $2.4k is ok for me.

I am waiting to see the actual camera and also for more reviews. On paper it looks interesting. The price is quite high for a 1 inch sensor.

I am waiting to see the actual camera and also for more reviews. On paper it looks interesting. The price is quite high for a 1 inch sensor.

Yes, quite high price. Just like the rx100 series, 1.5k for latest model n only 24-70mm lens. But for rx10, I feels like it's ok for me as the combo of apsc n 150-600mm can sum up to 3k or more plus bulky.

Some one reviewed the rx10 mk4 slow in clearing buffer. Hopes the issue will be fixed b4 launch. Also some hunting issue at/near max tele. I lack of a tele combo and So, this camera comes at right time. Unless I am the 8m Toto winner just now else I get 500mm f4 with A9. Heh Heh!

Sony SG has an RRP of $2499 for this. Not sure what the street price is.

Is it already announced by Sony SG for sales soon?

Sony SG has an RRP of $2499 for this. Not sure what the street price is.

Street price if less $50 or so, I just go to mall n use voucher n also get 5 yrs extended warranty. My rx100 mk1 down in the 4th year, still under cover.

Street price if less $50 or so, I just go to mall n use voucher n also get 5 yrs extended warranty. My rx100 mk1 down in the 4th year, still under cover.

I can't say for sure, but if it is less than $50 or even $100 difference I rather just wait. Then again if you're not in a hurry, wait to see if they add in extras during the year end Sony days promotion. Unlikely though since it's a new release. Hahahah.

I can't say for sure, but if it is less than $50 or even $100 difference I rather just wait. Then again if you're not in a hurry, wait to see if they add in extras during the year end Sony days promotion. Unlikely though since it's a new release. Hahahah.

If I am not wrong, bird migration is during end of the year and I could have this camera to test it out. Will be sort of replacing my rx100 mk1. What is important is the extended warranty for me. Will be using this much while doing time lapse when in oversea. At least not that bore and also, might capture some nice photos.

If I am not wrong, bird migration is during end of the year and I could have this camera to test it out. Will be sort of replacing my rx100 mk1. What is important is the extended warranty for me. Will be using this much while doing time lapse when in oversea. At least not that bore and also, might capture some nice photos.

True. Well you can always check with the shops to see prices. I am waiting for my NS50 vouchers then change to CapitaMall vouchers. See which shop offers a better price. Hehe.

Reactions: Fable
True. Well you can always check with the shops to see prices. I am waiting for my NS50 vouchers then change to CapitaMall vouchers. See which shop offers a better price. Hehe.

Can convert? Maybe I also do so as to get from mall. Will be sitting at little guilin for whole for just the eagle swooping fish moments, heh Heh!

Can convert? Maybe I also do so as to get from mall. Will be sitting at little guilin for whole for just the eagle swooping fish moments, heh Heh!

I read that the ns50 vouchers can be exchanged for CapitaMall vouchers. Since they gave me $100 of NS50 vouchers I will try to convert them.

Scroll down to where it says Plaza Singapura

https://ns50.safra.sg/web/opt-in/participating-merchants

Under shopping and lifestyle.

Under shopping and lifestyle.

I only got $60 as I get the safra for another 3 yrs. But I got extra $20 from sony survey. Still can offset $80. But Harvey Norman can accept NS vouchers but only bt panjang outlet under capital land.

I only got $60 as I get the safra for another 3 yrs. But I got extra $20 from sony survey. Still can offset $80. But Harvey Norman can accept NS vouchers but only bt panjang outlet under capital land.

Might as well just change to CapitaMall vouchers at any of the CapitaLand Malls. Then have flexibility to use at any of the CapitaMall outlets.

Might as well just change to CapitaMall vouchers at any of the CapitaLand Malls. Then have flexibility to use at any of the CapitaMall outlets.

I need to go to Harvey Norman for extended warranty. Maybe courts also can lor. See how first.

Saw an review on youtube. The FPS for RAW is up to around 100 photos, hopes can be more. Fine jpeg only got over 200. Hopes got new firmware to clear the buffer fast, like almost an instance ;p

1 unreserved unit left at Sony 313@Orchard. Selling today

Saw an review on youtube. The FPS for RAW is up to around 100 photos, hopes can be more. Fine jpeg only got over 200. Hopes got new firmware to clear the buffer fast, like almost an instance ;p

The buffer is HUGE ! but it does take awhile to flush out.. Oddly i can only see the flushing rate when in playback screen (it appears on the upper left like A9), on the shooting screen i can't see details on flushign !@?#

The buffer is HUGE ! but it does take awhile to flush out.. Oddly i can only see the flushing rate when in playback screen (it appears on the upper left like A9), on the shooting screen i can't see details on flushign !@?#

Too bad no support of type 2, maybe next model? 35s to clear full buffer at raw file, about 11x (from a review website). I will try not to max it, maybe stops earlier to clear buffer n can take more in the end.