[terenceleezy] Patagonia and South America

terenceleezy

Jun 19, 2011
Singapore
www.terenceleezy.com
My attempt on an entry for a trip that I always wanted to do but was a logistical nightmare and got postponed several times. Patagonia is basically close to the Southern tip of South America. There's a Chile portion (Torres del Paine) and an Argentina portion (Fitzroy) that I wanted to visit. For those that aren't familiar, maybe you have heard of the California based outdoor clothing brand Patagonia, their logo is basically the skyline of Cerro Fitzroy which is the mountain on the Argentina portion of my trip with me trying to find wifi at Laguna de Los Tres on a pretty morning #2. Off course there was no wifi there. :)

#1 Celebrating my birthday with a splash.
26503752871_0a44cd8e0e_b.jpg

After a week of camping and not showering, I guess its a good time to take a dip in the freezing cold glacier lake up at Mirador Torres. The glacier water was uber cold, not kidding. Scouted the location the night before and the towers were hidden in clouds at sunset. Got pretty lucky up here at sunrise the next morning as I know a whole bunch of friends who had came up to this viewpoint and never saw the three towers.

Mirador Torres, Nacional Parque Torres del Paine, Chile

#2 Wifi Hotspot
25998456563_885eaa3018_b.jpg

Trying to tap the free wifi hotspot here up at Laguna de Los Tres to check in but to no avail. LOL :p

The view from Laguna de Los Tres is nothing short of amazing. A pretty brutal uphill hike starting from Poincenot campsite in the dark to catch sunrise up at the top. As the sunlight hit the tips of Fitzroy, the hike suddenly felt so worth it. In the pic, Laguna Sucia is on the left and Laguna de Los Tres is on the right with Fitzroy and me sitting nicely in the middle.

Laguna de Los Tres, Los Glaciares National Park, Argentina

That birthday selfie is amazing. Did you get someone to take it for you?

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

#3 Buenos días bonita Fitzroy!

26592725331_02513393a2_b.jpg

From a cold frosty morning in Parque Nacional Los Glaciares before fall colors really started to show on the El Chalten side.

Fitzroy, ‪#‎Patagonia‬, Argentina.

#4 Cuernos

26793277455_8d3c6d9503_b.jpg

After 2 days of snow.. Shy Cuernos del Paine showed her face. The wifi in Hosteria Pehoe and South America in general is mainly non existent, drives me crazy whenever I try to log onto it. Btw I totally lost track of time. Lol.

Parque Nacional Torres del Paine, Patagonia, Chile

Wow, they have a hotspot there now?!
Laguna de los Tres and the views there are one of my most most most most memorable places on earth.
I miss Patagonia so much!
Thanks for sharing and I'm sure you have ALOT more amazing images!

#2 Wifi Hotspot
25998456563_885eaa3018_b.jpg

Trying to tap the free wifi hotspot here up at Laguna de Los Tres to check in but to no avail. LOL :p

The view from Laguna de Los Tres is nothing short of amazing. A pretty brutal uphill hike starting from Poincenot campsite in the dark to catch sunrise up at the top. As the sunlight hit the tips of Fitzroy, the hike suddenly felt so worth it. In the pic, Laguna Sucia is on the left and Laguna de Los Tres is on the right with Fitzroy and me sitting nicely in the middle.

Laguna de Los Tres, Los Glaciares National Park, Argentina

#5 Fall in Patagonia

26694295795_af5b18f863_b.jpg

We were basically cooking one morning at the campsite and saw some light beams come through the autumn trees in front of my tent. grabbed my camera and ran around for a couple of different comps. Moments later the beams were gone, back to cooking haha.

Mirador Torres Campsite, Patagonia, Chile

Wow, they have a hotspot there now?!
Laguna de los Tres and the views there are one of my most most most most memorable places on earth.
I miss Patagonia so much!
Thanks for sharing and I'm sure you have ALOT more amazing images!

Hey! nah i was just kidding about the hotspot. haha it was just a photo concept that i had so i brought my laptop up for the pic :p
super memorable haha and i will definitely be back :)
Weather wasn't super good. typical mountain weather. :X

Last edited:
#6 Lago Pehoé

26818631590_54539c18f7_b.jpg

Finally a good sunrise after the 2 days of snowstorm. Super windy morning with all that spray from the waves, making it a little harder to shoot with my 145mm dinner plate :)

Parque Nacional Torres del Paine, Chile

Woah. I was just about to put off planning a trip to TDP since I dont have much time to get into some semblance of shape (as does my wife). Maybe we should try harder to make it happen.

Thanks for sharing! This thread being at the top of my unread posts list must be a real sign.

Woah. I was just about to put off planning a trip to TDP since I dont have much time to get into some semblance of shape (as does my wife). Maybe we should try harder to make it happen.

Thanks for sharing! This thread being at the top of my unread posts list must be a real sign.

Should totally check it out when you have a chance! was on my list for a really long time but its kinda hard to get everything planned. transport and accom was a pain. i camped most of it though.
drop me a note if you need help :) Wanted to write a blog entry on it but been procrastinating..

#9 Everyday is a winding road

27783209912_047f9c39d5_b.jpg

Reactions: amc717
Thanks Terence. I will definitely get in touch. Could be looking to get this done within the next 2-3 years when we are still young and fit enough!

Godly good.

:thumbsup:

This series has got to be one of my all time favourites so far. :thumbsup:

Gotta love this! Awesome (Y)

Thanks thanks! :D

Never cease to amaze bro!

Sharing your works at ClubSNAP Photography Community Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/ClubSNAP.Community

thanks for the share! :)

Godly good.

:thumbsup:

thanks thanks for the kind words. :D

Thanks Terence. I will definitely get in touch. Could be looking to get this done within the next 2-3 years when we are still young and fit enough!

thanks! drop me a note on fb or something, that hike wasn't super tough. the hardest part for me was probably planning, location scouting and transport.. Brazil, Argentina, and Chile all dont have the best websites. was trying to rent a car from AVIS but their domain expired.. lol

#11 Mirador las Torres

27852127105_84c85c5bee_b.jpg

This was taken moments before I decided to be a human thermometer by jumping into the freezing water at Mirador las Torres. Good times at Patagonia!