We love our manual focus Nikkor lenses! Part 2

I tested both. Both are sharp at near to mid distance. Edge performance is similar too. Both have CRC, f/2 lens CRC is in front, f/2.8 lens CRC is at the rear.

Cant really split which is really better, newer f/2.8 have Nikon SIC coating which gives better contrast, the lens element looks purplish. Early f/2 no Nikon SIC coating.

I went with f/2 because I shoot indoors.

Here is a link to a short write up of both lens for your reference.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/index2.html

Here is a link to the serial numbers & date of manufacture.

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html#28

Last edited:
Haven't posted photos for a while...

All shot with Nikon Df.

28mm f/3.5 Nikkor-H, Processed in LR6, BW and HDR (Strong)
Lower Pierce Reservoir
150301_002_L_Pierce_Rs2.jpg

ISO 100, 1/1250 f/3.5 Aperture Priority

From Nikkor history 3 “Lenses that have made history – Profiles of noteworthy Nikkor lenses”

...it became urgent to develop a high performance wide-angle lens. NIKKOR designer Mr. Wakimoto dramatically corrected and improved the comatic aberrations at the edge of the field that had been the weakness of retro focus types, resulting in a 28mm lens with excellent performance. Many out there still believe that not even the lenses we have today can compare to the quality of images this lens produced. Photographs that faithfully depict the details of their subjects have a knife-like sharpness and power from the maximum aperture. This lens perhaps created the image of NIKKOR lenses as being sharp with crisp contrast.

50mm f/1.8 AiS, PP in LR6, BW and HDR (Light)
Dongtan, Korea
150129_388_Dongtan_s.jpg

ISO 100, 1/320 f/1.8 Aperture Priority

My personal favourite (for size, price and performance), having bought, used for a while and sold one "version 3" (0.6m min focus), I re-purchased one that is Japanese domestic model (0.45m min focus)

50mm f/1.2 AiS, JOOC
Gunma, Japan
150123_129_Shibukawa_s2.jpg

ISO 100, 1/2500 f/1.2 Aperture Priority

I was poisoned by this thread... love the OOF shapes but still learning how to use this lens...

135mm f/3.5 Nikkor-Q, PP in LR
Shinjuku, Japan
150124_279_Shinjuku_s.jpg

ISO 3600, 1/160 f/5.6 Manual

135mm f/3.5 Nikkor-Q, JOOC
Shinjuku, Japan
150124_275_Shinjuku_s.jpg

ISO 200, 1/160 f/3.5 Manual

Last edited:
Hi! Bjorn,
Thanks for your comments. Bookmarked your site for further browsing. Big gallery you have there.

Hi, ddamd,
Nice shots with different lenses!

Lovely shots. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your kind words Light Machinery. I admire your work very much, and your kindness in sharing your knowledge of photography and Nikon lenses.

I like colorful,no matter new or old lens.
AI 50mm f/1.2 @2 :heart:

Nikkor 85mm f1.4 AIS wide open on a Canon 1Dmk3

50mm f1.2
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

$DSC_2040a.jpg

$DSC_2052a.jpg
Nikon Df,Nikon Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/3.5 AI Manual Focus Lens

Nikon Df,Nikon Micro-NIKKOR 55mm f/3.5 AI Manual Focus Lens
$DSC_2165.jpg

I think I should transfer these photos taken by the 50mm f1.2 to this thread instead as it is more appropriate.
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg