Where do old film canisters go?

ieremv

Jan 26, 2015
Singapore
Hey guys this is a really random question.

I have finally started shooting film actively, and have a sizeable pile of film canisters. Do companies that manufacture film have any sort of recycling scheme to reuse them for new rolls of film? Where are places where I can drop them off? It seems like a waste to me.

Just feeling environmental at the moment.

Are you referring to the plastic container aka canister or the metal 35mm film cassette?

if it is the plastic container, than just dispose into the recycle bins for plastic material around your areas. or you can post a give away thread in the personal classified section.

if it is the used metal 35mm film cassette, do note most of them are not reusable, so just dispose them into recycle bins.

I use the plastic containers to hold little odds and ends from legos parts, to extra screws.

The metal 35mm film canisters if the shop returns to you, makes great keychains. (Just drill a small hole on top).

Well I just turned one into a bunch of kick @ss toothpicks! haha :)

some people actually reuse them when they bulk-load their own film rolls, I'm sure if you have a sizeable collection to be given away, someone would be keen to take ownership and make better use of it !

I am keen if anyone plans on giving away some metal 35mm reusable film canisters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got plenty if you need. Just hit me with a PM

The plastic bottle tip: Use it to keep micro fibre cloths, so as to keep dust and grits away from the clothes.