Which Compact Digital Camera to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy

Oct 10, 2005
I'm looking for a compact digital camera. Preferbly something slim and able to manually set ISO. It would be a bonus if camera also have a lens VR feature. My budget is below $500.

I checked out the Nikon S500 and S50. The S500 seems to generate a lot of noise when taking photo set at ISO 800 and above, higher than the S50.

Tried the Canon Powershot A570IS, it didn't have manual ISO setting.

So far I haven't try any of the Fuji cameras.

Look for Fujifilm F11, made in japan at less than S$400. Check at MS Colour @64576380 and look for Willy. Should have no more stock left but can try la.

Just bought a Panasonic FX-30, after tested numerous cameras.. my advice is go down to the shop and tested printed the different cameras. See you what you get and like.

Bought the Fuji Finepix F40fd at South Asia Computer. Excellent bargain, better than the GSS deal from Fuji ($499). I bought mine at $479 with additional goodies (1 x additional battery, 1 x 2GB SD card) on top of that given be the GSS deal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If u want i can let go of my nearly 1 mth old A710 IS in excellent condition with receipt and warranty for $380. It has manual ISO settings up to ISO 800. Selling due to just bought S5 IS.

I'm looking for a compact digital camera. Preferbly something slim and able to manually set ISO. It would be a bonus if camera also have a lens VR feature. My budget is below $500.

I checked out the Nikon S500 and S50. The S500 seems to generate a lot of noise when taking photo set at ISO 800 and above, higher than the S50.

Tried the Canon Powershot A570IS, it didn't have manual ISO setting.

So far I haven't try any of the Fuji cameras.

Why not try Ricoh Caplio R6? SGD 483 with 1GB card at AP after GST.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.