[eikin] A Photo A Day 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no, i'm getting addicted :bsmilie: big distortions for this one, was at 12mm :sweat:

121207 dreaming of New York

071212.jpg

hey I like the series, so interesting looking at the different expressions and body language :bsmilie:

zoossh, regarding taboos, guess we all learn through trial and error. It seems to help if you are travelling with another person who's also holding a camera, or play tourist. Most times we get away with it, but there have been some harrowing moments. Playing tourist may backfire in rough areas.

I remembered one time alone in NY when I saw a busker on the train platform playing the saxophone. I walked up and took a picture. Suddenly a tall African American appeared and started talking to me, apparently referring to the picture I took. I couldn't make out a single word he was saying, his words were slurred and he just kept talking and talking and pointing at my handphone. My alarm bells were ringing big time. I think the saxophone player was his friend and this man didn't like the fact that I shot the guy.

I mumbled something and walked quickly out of the station with my heart pounding away. I think he followed me for a while, but I lost him in the crowd. You don't always get away with it :p

thanks melnjes :bsmilie:

what you say is true, it really depends on the place as well. although Japanese people are less likely to confront you in such a direct manner, you can actually feel uneasiness in the air when ''things happen'' :sweat:

161207 whispers

071216.jpg

is that covered in hard malt sugar, like bingtang hulu?

wow... you made me very very hungry. nice shots :D

:bsmilie: to tell the truth, Japanese foods look better than they taste. i had to wash off a big layer of the sugar coating so that it can suit my tastebud ... if not i think can get diabetes :sweat:

is that covered in hard malt sugar, like bingtang hulu?

it's covered with malt sugar, but not the hard type, this one is still sticky. :sweat:

Wow. Damn shiok! Seriously look super duper yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.