Macro Converter

Hi Guys, I'm a keen admirer for macro shots. i'm using a nikon 105mm f/2.5 with a pk-13 extension tube. currently i'm focusing at about 30cm from the subject. can anyone recommend how i can focus further away from the subject yet achieving the same size and quality of pic? Thanks in advance
If you add a TC after the extention tube then you increase the working distance to get the same magnification as without the TC. The quality of the TC effects the final image quality, so don't use some bad third party ones.

here is another budget macro lens for compact camera. It is suitable for Lumix camera. The macro shots looks ok to me.

Ooops! Sorry miss out on you. :embrass:

Thanks whitefeather.

You can find Spiders everywhere, most of my spiders shots were taken at parks, sungei buloh and lower pierce.
Well for the tips…Deswitch quote “Whatever you learnt on theory will never beat the skills you pick up in the field” ;)

i'm always very cautious
when taking photo of insects
they may jump on you accidentally
or try to flying kick you before they escape

T_T
insects hate me

i'm always very cautious

T_T
insects hate me

Hahaha you got lots of ACTION with insects, don't worry after awhile they will loved you ;)

Hi everyone. I am a newbie here. Anyone can tell me where to get used macro and close up lens in Singapore?

Stevewhy,
What is your comment for the Raynox DCR-250 Macro Conversion lens used with 55mm lens?

Thanks,
David

i got a 3 ring kenko extension tube... i am currently trying it out... ill post some samples if i could get a decent shot haha

is it possible to attach a sigma 30mm 1.4 ex dc hsm with a macro converter? thanks.

Hi everyone. I am a newbie here. Anyone can tell me where to get used macro and close up lens in Singapore?

So sorry Guys for the late reply, did not notice someone post a question. :embrass:

Hi xunliang.

I think it's a bit wide for 30mm, unless you are shooting big subject like butterflies up close, if not I would suggest 50mm is the miminum.

Hi lucassan.

You can try secondhand shop at Peninsula (Coleman Street).

Stevewhy,
What is your comment for the Raynox DCR-250 Macro Conversion lens used with 55mm lens?

Thanks,
David

Hi David.

Results wise it's good, after all it depends on the size of the subject and what you are shooting, every range and size serves it own purpose, too general a question my friend. :)

Last edited:
i got a 3 ring kenko extension tube... i am currently trying it out... ill post some samples if i could get a decent shot haha

Hi plasticeye.

Sure! show us the results... would loved to see. :)

i'm always very cautious

T_T
insects hate me

Hahaha, you are not the only one who has this fear..... TRUST ME...:sweat:

Good effort there OlyFlyer.

Good to know another die-hard DIY guy out there, keep it up.

Thanks for sharing.:)

Hello Stevewhy,

I am a newbie using a GF1. I am interested in macro shooting. Pls advise me what converter is compatible and value for money macro lens.

Hi there.. Intersted in trying macro..I'm using canon 40D with 50mm lens...i already have the Teleplus Macro MC7, what else do i need to use it on my canon...thanks

Hi there.. Intersted in trying macro..I'm using canon 40D with 50mm lens...i already have the Teleplus Macro MC7, what else do i need to use it on my canon...thanks

hi bro,you have external flash? if so ur ready for some action:)

hi steve just curious whether do i need a ext tube for my 180mm macro lens for further magnification? there is this raynox 5350 combo set for 72mm but $390 is a bomb to me after i bought my 180mm last week. what else do u suggest ? thanks cheers

hi steve just curious whether do i need a ext tube for my 180mm macro lens for further magnification? there is this raynox 5350 combo set for 72mm but $390 is a bomb to me after i bought my 180mm last week. what else do u suggest ? thanks cheers

Slow down VainKid... just shoot with what you have now and explore higher magnification
later on, take your baby step VainKid, ya I understand most would want big and clear up
close Macro, but first you must find the sweet spot in your lens, that means having a very
close relations with your lens...hahaha hard to understand??? never mind slowly you will.

Yup! high quality 72mm and above are very costly, I've up to 86mm too.. it really cost me
a bomb, I can let you try my 72mm close up(cost much more then Raynox), somewhere,
have to dig around to find it.

I've a Surprise coming up soon... cheap and good Macro shots(most people will be jumping),
watch out for it.. ;)

Bro thanks for the advice. Next Monday I'm available hopefully can join u guys hehe

Hi all,
Newbie here.. using canon eos 550D 18-135 kit lense..
just bought a "HD-Digital 0.5x wide angle & macro converter".. but somehow i tried to use n cant get the correct efffect on the close up object. and its very difficult to focus on the object. I am wondering hw to take photos of insect so closely n clear.
anyone can enlighten me pls?:(

another question.. is this macro converter lense cannot use at far distance? it cant see anything at all.. is it normal?

Last edited: